[mapserver-users] Re: Join from SHP file to PostgreSQL table

flaviocarmo flavio.o.carmo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 14:21:57 EST 2010

Hi,

Thanks all for your responses. Im a novice in Mapserver so, after reading,
now i know that:

- I cant use a JOIN to shown only geometrys with the CODE field stored on
Postgres (or another Database) because joins cannot modify the look of a
map;

- I need to use a template always to show the queries results;

- Case-sensitive fields can be a problem in a query with mapserver;

- The "PG:" string for was my mistake. I missed in the mail, but was in my
MAP file. Sorry.

Now what? There isnt a way to solve my issue? My client needs a opensource
solution to deliver his data. His current solution (ESRI ArcGIS Server) is
too expensive to buy another license, so he asked for a solution with the
same quality, but opensource.

There is a way to workaround this?

Thanks again.

Regards,