[mapserver-users] Re: Using mapserver on windows in production

Bowerman,Dan [Burlington] Dan.Bowerman at ec.gc.ca
Mon Oct 4 13:56:24 EDT 2010

While I personally had a ton of issues attempting to get MS4W working with IIS7.5 under Windows 7, if you're willing to use IIS6 instead, this guide is terrific for getting that setup:

http://www.geomoose.org/docs/install_ms4w.html

If you do manage to get it working under 7.5, please share the steps! These steps may more or less transfer over, but I had long given up on my 7.5 ambitions by the time I had found this guide. There is more documentation available for MS4W under IIS6 which is what our production systems are currently running anyways.

Hope that helps,

Dan Bowerman
Business Applications Solutions Directorate | Direction des applications d'affaires et solutions
Chief Information Officer Branch | Direction du dirigeant principal de l'information
Environment Canada | Environnement Canada
867 Lakeshore Road | 867, rue Lakeshore
Burlington (ON) L7R-4A6 | Burlington (ON) L7R-4A6
dan.bowerman at ec.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 905-315-5215
Facsimile | Télécopieur 905-336-4610