[mapserver-users] Re: mapserver and i18n

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Oct 7 09:21:53 EDT 2010

On 10/7/2010 2:30 AM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I did not (mean to) say the client does not send the correct language
> parameter to the server. The client (browser) is in control and will
> request the language needed.
>
> Your e-mail said the client needed to do the actual translation of
> e.g. layer names, and that's where I disagreed.

Bart,

Thanks for clarifying that, now it make more sense in my mind, and I can
agree with that.

I struggled with an experience in Turkey with a public access PC that I
could not for the life of me get the thing to switch over to English.
When I went to google.com it got redirected to a Turkish version of
google. I'm a big believer that sites should have links on them that
make it easy for a non-native reader to find and change the language.

-Steve