Hi: [mapserver-users] MapServer as a reprojecting WMS proxy,is it possible?

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org
Fri Oct 15 05:13:15 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 11:44:18PM +0300, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> > So I tried to configure MapServer to act as a proxy (both
> > client and server), doing the reprojection. But I failed.

> I can't test right now but I suppose this should work.  Define
> the LAYER to use the SRS supported by the remote service like
> in the document http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_client.html

Thanks, it works!

The recipe is:

* Declare the **target SRS** in MAP.PROJECTION and
  MAP.METADATA.wms_srs

* Declare **only the source SRS** in MAP.LAYER.PROJECTION and
  MAP.LAYER.PROJECTION.METADATA.wms_srs

* Declare the MAP.EXTENT, MAP.LAYER.EXTENT and
  MAP.LAYER.METADATA.wms_extent using the correct SRS. This is
  required to generate a GetCapabilities without warnings,
  compatible with QGIS 1.5.0 too.

Here it is the actual mapfile (notes are in Italian only, sorry):
https://www.rigacci.org/wiki/doku.php/tecnica/gps_cartografia_gis/mapserver_wms_proxy

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy