[mapserver-users] Problem loading geotifs

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Oct 23 15:38:46 EDT 2010

Hi,

My guess is that the data area of your Landsat images are not North-South oriented and they have triangular no-data areas in the corners.  Adjacent images are overlapping when you view them together and no-data area from one image is covering the real data of the image underneath. The cure is to use OFFSITE in the mapfile to tell what pixel value should be made transparent. No-data value is often stored in the geotiff metadata and you can check it with gdalinfo. Perhaps most often it is all black (0 0 0). But this is just a guess and if I did not hit, please
- send a gdalinfo report of one image
- send the command you used for tiling
- send the LAYER definition you have used in the mapfile

-Jukka Rahkonen-