[mapserver-users] Display performance

Chris Jackson webturtles at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 16:52:58 EDT 2010

Steve

I don't have postgis, hence the fishing around for answers from helpful
people like yourself!  You are right about playing around with
generalisations, unfortunately the colouring is very specific and needs to
match other GIS outputs, so will have to still 'look' right - something I
will have a play with in due course.  Once you zoom in the data is quite
usable - ie. the spatial index is doing it's job, so not all is lost.

Thanks for the ideas

Chris