[mapserver-users] Display performance

Chris Jackson webturtles at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 07:05:05 EDT 2010

Ok Folks

I am now ready to go home and have a sit down!!
I have re-classified the layer with a new class column and then ordered the
shapefile by the most common classes.....

the results are in......

<3.5 secs for the entire layer to draw!! (only a saving of 21secs +) - the
main saving was by just reclassifying.

Thanks to all as this has been a great learning experience, I am now going
to see if I can find a bigger model grid to play with.....!   ;o)

Chris