[mapserver-users] MapServer and MapScript in separate hosts

Wim Vanbelle wimvanbelle at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 05:07:26 EDT 2010

Hi,

If you compile mapserver from source, you can use ./configure
--prefix=/path/to/executable to install it in the folder you want.
You do need to make sure that LD can find the shared libraries. This should
then be set in apache config so that the right environment paths are loaded.

As for the external URL thing. Just configure a CGI script at a given URL
(as configured in your webserver) and then point to the location of your
mapserv executable.
Perhaps this is what you are looking for:
http://mapserver.org/cgi/wrapper.html