[mapserver-users] Dynamically draw different sized ellipses on map

stoli rstoyle at COMCAST.NET
Tue Sep 7 18:00:19 EDT 2010

Was hoping on some guidance as to the best way to attack this...

My app uses the cgi interface. I have been succesful at drawing lines,
squares and small circles on the fly by sending mods to the .map file via
the URL. I have been doing this by dynamically adding points to various
POINT layers with the afforementioned symbols. Up to this point, the squares
and circles have been uniform in size and aspect. Now I find myself needing
to add multiple ellipses of varying sizes at different locations on the map.
Technically they would be circles of area, but the aspect will change as the
location approaches the poles. (almost a true circle at the
equator and verly long ellipse toward the poles due to map projection).
Ideally the ellipses will be filled with either a hatch pattern or a
transparent solid color.

Any suggestions as to the best way to accomplish this?

Cheers