[mapserver-users] How to add attribute to the existing shape file im memory and set color based on that attrubute

Jiang, Wilson Wilson_Jiang at sra.com
Tue Sep 14 13:30:32 EDT 2010

Hi,

I just start to use the MapServer. We will embed the map into our C#
ASP.NET web application. The shape file contains records in POLYGONE
shape. I will get one attribute (such as status: Firing, Cease Firing,
Available, Reserved etc) from our web application for each record in the
shape file. Then the color of each shape in the record will be set based
on that attribute (status). The original shape file should not be
modified. Could you please tell me how to do it? Any code example will
be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wilson Jiang