[mapserver-users] Error in msPostGISLayerResultsGetShape(): Got request larger than result set

Stefan Neumeier stefan.neumeier at vti.bund.de
Thu Sep 16 07:09:00 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I am quite new to mapserver and maybe I am just missing some important configuration step but I hope somebody
of you can help me with following problem:

When trying to perform a query via a cartoweb-client to a layer stored in Postgis I encounter following error message
(It is only the query that is not working the layer itself renders perfect out of the database):

     MapServer error: Error in msDrawMap(): Failed to draw layer named 'bound'.

     Error in msPostGISLayerResultsGetShape(): Got request larger than result set.

When I do the same with the layer as shapefile on the file system the query functions as expected.

*My system environment is:*

        cartoweb 3.5.0
        php 5.3.3
        Mapserver version 5.6.5
        Postgis 1.5.1
        Postgresql 8.4.4
        Operating System: Suse Linux 11.3

*In the mapfile the layer is defined as follows*

   LAYER
     NAME "bound"
     TYPE LINE
     STATUS ON
     CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
     CONNECTION "user=*** password=*** host=localhost dbname=gis"
     DATA "the_geom FROM (select * from dep_france_dom) as foo using unique gid using srid=-1"
     TEMPLATE "ttt"
     METADATA
       "id_attribute_string" "id_geofla"
       "query_returned_attributes" "id_geofla"