[mapserver-users] How to draw line on Imagebutton

venkat ven.tammineni at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 07:34:36 EDT 2010

Dear All,

   I want to draw line object on map (imagebutton).I do not know how to
capture and fist click(xy) and where to store again i need to get second
click( second point xy)..and finally i need to draw line on the map in
server side(C# or whatever) .I can able to draw point.But i am not able to
draw line object and below is my code... Please anyone can help me.

       public static void AddFeature(Double x, Double y, String activeLayer,
mapObj mainMapObject)
        {
            try
            {
                //check if the active layer is a point layer and if the
point layer is from PostGIS
                LayerObject.Layer  =
mainMapObject.getLayerByName(activeLayer);

                if (LayerObject.Layer.type != MS_LAYER_TYPE.MS_LAYER_LINE)
                {
                    return;

                }
                //convert the image point in map point Here I am getting
issue

                pointObj mapPointObj = Pixel2Geo(new pointObj(x, y, 0, 0),
mainMapObject);

                pointObj secondPoint = Pixel2Geo(new
pointObj(0,0,0,0),mainMapObject);

                //add the point to a PostGIS table
                if (LayerObject.Layer.connectiontype ==
MS_CONNECTION_TYPE.MS_POSTGIS)
                {

                    //set CurrentCulture according to PostgreSQL server
                    CultureInfo newCultureInfo = new CultureInfo("en-US");

                    newCultureInfo.NumberFormat.NaNSymbol = "";

                    Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = newCultureInfo;

                    //connect with PostgreSQL
                    String sqlInsert = "INSERT INTO " + activeLayer +
"(name,the_geom) VALUES('ven',GeomFromText('LINESTRING(" +
mapPointObj.x.ToString() + " " + mapPointObj.y.ToString() + "," +
secondPoint.x.ToString()+ "" + secondPoint.y.ToString()  + ")',24047))";

                    //reads connection string for PostgreSQL

                    Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection npgSqlConnection = new
Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["ConnectionString"].ToString());

                    npgSqlConnection.Open();

                    Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand cmdCreator =
npgSqlConnection.CreateCommand();

                    cmdCreator.CommandText = sqlInsert;

                    cmdCreator.ExecuteNonQuery();

                    npgSqlConnection.Close();
                }

            }
            catch (Exception exp)
            { };
        }

        public static pointObj Pixel2Geo(OSGeo.MapServer.pointObj pt, mapObj
map)
        {
            // Converstion of pixel coordinates to Geographic coordinates
            int imgXMin, imgXMax, imgYMin, imgYMax;

            Double geoXMin, geoXMax, geoYMin, geoYMax;

            //init corner coords
            imgXMin = 0;

            imgYMin = 0;

            imgXMax = map.width;

            imgYMax = map.height;

            geoXMin = map.extent.minx;

            geoXMax = map.extent.maxx;

            geoYMin = map.extent.miny;

            geoYMax = map.extent.maxy;

            int imgWidth, imgHeight;

            System.Double geoWidth, geoHeight;

            //calc the width
            imgWidth = imgXMax - imgXMin;

            imgHeight = imgYMax - imgYMin;

            if (geoXMin < geoXMax)
            {

                geoWidth = geoXMax - geoXMin;

            }
            else
            {

                geoWidth = geoXMin - geoXMax;

            }

            if (geoYMin < geoYMax)
            {

                geoHeight = geoYMax - geoYMin;

            }
            else
            {

                geoHeight = geoYMin - geoYMax;

            }

            //calc the percent along each axis
            Double xPercent, yPercent;

            xPercent = pt.x / imgWidth;

            yPercent = pt.y / imgHeight;

            Double newX, newY;

            newX = (xPercent * geoWidth) + geoXMin;

            newY = geoYMax - (yPercent * geoHeight);

            return new OSGeo.MapServer.pointObj(newX, newY, 0.0, 0.0);

        }
    }

Thanks and Regards,

Ven