[mapserver-users] Integration of legend graphics into exported pdf maps

Thilo.Wehrmann at dlr.de Thilo.Wehrmann at dlr.de
Thu Sep 16 11:04:26 EDT 2010

Hello together,

currently we are using mapserver 5.4.2 as map rendering system in our project. We build several web services around mapserver for adding additional logic to the wms interface. One service is the generation of multiple legends within one single graphics. The system works with the underlying SLD definitions of the different layers. One drawback of that solution is still the bad quality of the rendered legend graphics. If we use these rendered graphics in a pdf document with higher resolution the produced legends cannot be directly used. Is it possible to alter the quality of the legend graphics to increase the resolution during rendering process of mapserver ? For the maps we can adapt the resolution using width&height parameters. With the GetLegendGraphic it is not easily possible to increase that resolution. Do you have any solution for this problem? It would be a pity to switch to another wms server only because of the legend capabilities.

Thanks in advance and best regards from Germany,

 Thilo Wehrmann

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.
in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft

Deutsches Fernerkundungsdatenzentrum
Abteilung Landoberfläche

Dr. Thilo Wehrmann