[mapserver-users] Re: Raster Display Performance

goncalo goncalo.martins at inov.pt
Fri Sep 17 11:09:59 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I am using mapserver to create a tiling server. Actually I have this server
working good but I realize that I have some performance issues. I am using
MapServer in windows and my raster images are too large TIF files.
(resolution 17000x16000 each tif).
I have read a lot in this forum and I did all the recommended thing:

gdal_translate -co "TILED=YES" old.tif new.tif
gdaladdo new.tif 2 4 8 16 32 64 128
gdaltindex index.shp new.tif
shptree index.shp

The problem is I dind't see increased performance after that. Maybe I am
doing something wrong.
PROJECTION
	"proj=longlat"
	"ellps=WGS84"