[mapserver-users] Arabic text

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Sep 18 19:44:37 EDT 2010

On 9/18/2010 12:55 PM, Ian Walberg wrote:
> Can anyone point us at the details of how to display Arabic text. We
> tried a few weeks ago and could not get the characters to link up but
> they did look correct as single characters.
>
> Does the fgs install for Linux or the ms4w on windows support Arabic text?

Ian,

In your LABEL block you need to have ENCODING 'your encoding' and you
need a text font that has all the joining character glyphs and mapserver
needs to be with fribidi-0.19.2

I think both FGS and MS4W both build with that.

Often, the hardest part is finding a good text font that supports all
the characters.

-Steve