[mapserver-users] Re: Raster Display Performance

goncalo goncalo.martins at inov.pt
Mon Sep 20 07:51:04 EDT 2010

Hi,

Thanks for you help.

> Your process and the mapfile you sent were building a raster layer from
> one single image file that was used through tileindex. Is this really
> your situation?

I think yes. What I want is to use tiled images because of the large image
resolution. I saw in some posts that is possible to tile one .tif file into
another .tif with small tiles of the original image. I tied to do that, but
sincerely I dont know if what I'm doing is correct. I attached the debug
files.

I tested both situations one with tiled image and another without tiling and
I dont see increased performance. I'm doing something wrong? It is expected
to see a lot of increased performance?

ms_error_with_tiling.txt have the debug of the image.tif with the tiles
inside (created by gdaltranslate)
ms_error_without_tiling.txt have the debug of the original image.tif without
tiling.

Angola_tiled_info.txt -> gdalinfo of the tiled image.
angola1_info.txt -> gdalinfo of the original image used.

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5550112/Angola_tiled_info.txt
Angola_tiled_info.txt
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5550112/angola1_info.txt
angola1_info.txt