[mapserver-users] CGI returning a 502 error

stoli rstoyle at COMCAST.NET
Mon Sep 20 19:18:28 EDT 2010

I'm using the ms4w binaries (5.6.3) under IIS 7.

My application sends (via http POST) a lot of parameters to modify the .map
file. Mostly to add features to layers that are turned off by default and
then make them visible. When my parameters cause the map to show over 50
layers, the IIS returns a 502 error.

I realize that the max layers are set to 100 in the default map.h file, but
like I said, I am using the compiled binaries from ms4w. Does anyone know if
they change that to 50 when they compile, or should I look elsewhere to find
my problem?