[mapserver-users] Symbology

Jay Kapalczynski jkapalczynski at ci.maple-grove.mn.us
Tue Sep 21 10:36:28 EDT 2010

Thank you all for your help here….and I am quite embarrassed as to my solution…and more importantly sorry to take up your time, although I did learn a few things.
I moved everything into the map section and created a Symbol folder to hold the images and .sym files.
I placed the png in the map folder (as requested by David)
And it still didn’t work…looking closer I realized that the symbol name was “bike” although the image name was “bikes” one stupid ‘s’ and this results.

Although your help allowed me to move the files into the correct location, understand the connection between map file and sym file and images etc.

I thank you for all your help..much appreciated