[mapserver-users] WFS Spatial Filter Problem

Bryan Hempen bhempen at sciops.esa.int
Mon Aug 8 10:58:30 EDT 2011

Hi there!

These are things that I've tried in the meantime:

- Manually sending the request to the server, but without different
results compared to using OpenLayers functions. Also trying to force the
usage of the proxy.cgi by containing it in the URL, but didn't bring up
different results.

- Thought about the solution as suggested by the John, but substituting
a Polygon with a BBOX only works for rectangular Polygons! I need to be
able to specify arbitrary Polygons/Shapes. I am sure the solution
proposed by him will work,
  because it will be just a request just like the one that already works.

- Thought about trying a newer version of the MapServer. However, I run
is the newest ms4w on my local machone and I remember that I had the
same problem a few weeks ago. Furthermore, John had the same problem
with MapServer 6.0.0,
and since then nothing changed about WFS or filter encoding according to
the release announcements.

- Thought sending a GET request instead of a POST request could solve
the problem! They provided examples in the documentation with links,
something they definitely wouldn't have done in case those examples
wouldn't work! However, even
GET requests didn't work! What is strange: Also got errors with code
500. Shouldn't the mapserver return some error message?

I AM CONFUSED! Please heeeelp!

Regards,
Bryan

On 05/08/2011 15:04, John Callahan wrote:
> This thread may or may not help:
> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/WFS-intersect-request-td6458533.html
>

> I have not tried using AND compound filters.  The following format
> does work for me using the BBOX filter.
>
> <ogc:BBOX>
> <ogc:PropertyName>SHAPE</ogc:PropertyName>
> <gml:Envelope xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml" srsName="EPSG:26957">
> <gml:lowerCorner>149081.76574899518 163078.62572595105</gml:lowerCorner>
> <gml:upperCorner>205627.85303800018 194899.95291598293</gml:upperCorner>
> </gml:Envelope>
> </ogc:BBOX>
>
> - John

> John Callahan, Research Scientist
> Delaware Geological Survey
> University of Delaware

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure,

use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in

error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by

the sender.