[mapserver-users] RE: runtime substitution - class name

Fawcett, David (MPCA) david.fawcett at state.mn.us
Tue Aug 16 16:15:07 EDT 2011

OK,

As usual, the best method in debugging is to post to the list and then give it one last try...

At 6.X, you can't change the name properties of classes, layers, etc.  Steve Lime documents this pretty clearly in this email message:  http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2011-April/068560.html

The TITLE property is now accessible though.  I had tried this, but not apparently at the same time that I was applying a validation pattern.

This URL works:  http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?mode=legend&map=mymap.map&map.layer[0].class[1]=TITLE+%27fitger%27

I have a layer-level validation block.  The expression is a little more generous than my test case needs, but fits the real data.

  VALIDATION
    'title'     '^[a-zA-Z0-9\, ]+$'
  END

David.