[mapserver-users] Problem displaying a NAD83 tile in WGS84 (or via WMS)

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Aug 19 00:51:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

Could you give a bit more information? Your use case is the most common that exists and all instructions should be at http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html
It would be good to see the gdalinfo report of your image and your mapfile and the exact WMS request you were using including the WMS version. At least these parts of mapfile are important

MAP level: extent, projection and metadata (wms_srs and wms_inable_request at least)
LAYER level projection.

I can see some really odd LatLonBoundingBoxes in my own MS 6.0 WMS service too. I will investigate them a bit further. If it is just that the Mapserver is creating the GetCapabilities document wrong then the WMS service should still be usable.

-Jukka Rahkonen-