[mapserver-users] Vectorizing/digitizing points that have been rendered as raster

Wim Vanbelle wimvanbelle at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 09:22:21 EDT 2011

Hi,

Currently we have a lot of big datasets with points (think 50k points for
instance) that we can now cluster service side with mapserver (cool).
That works like a charm, but now we would like to fetch information if you
click on them. (be it a clustered icon, or a non clustered).

The client we are using is google maps with custom javascript code.

As far as I'm aware, I need to perform a WFS request for this. I haven't got
any problems setting that up, but what should be passed as a filter?

Can we just pass a point as a filter in the request, or are we forced to
supply a bounding box. I'm wondering if there are common solutions to tackle
a similar problem.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.