[mapserver-users] Re: Raster Data from PostGIS

Gustavo1376 gus.fava at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 12:28:51 EDT 2011

Hi Florencia, i am Gustavo from Uruguay.

Have you finally found the way to load a raster from a PostGis database?

I'm trying to do that but no had no success yet.

In my case the problem is that my application would generate a new raster
everyday, so if i save them to disk it quickly will get out of space. So my
option is to store the rasters in the database, with it's dedicated storage
and (i hope) special methods for optimizing it's storage capacity. I mean, i
think that a PostGis with 500GB storage capacity should be able to store
much more images than a flat file system with same capacity.

Well, i'll be pleased if you could share your solution (if finally found
any).

Regards,
Gustavo.