[mapserver-users] Extra "?" in WCS query

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Aug 23 05:55:56 EDT 2011

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> If so, the problem is with ArcMap, and you should file a
> ticket with them.
>
> In the meantime, you can wrap the WCS service so that the map does not
> need to be defined in the URL.  On Linux I would normally accomplish
> this by putting a shell script in the cgi-bin directory that
> defines the
> MS_MAPFILE environment variable.  I'm not so sure how to
> accomplish this
> on Windows, though you could likely add MS_MAPFILE's
> definition in your
> Apache configuration if it is unlikely to cause conflicts on any other
> service run from the same apache.

Hi

I do not know if this is elegant but it works on Windows

1. Copy the mapserv.exe file in the cgi-bin directory and name a copy to whatever you want to use in the ServiceURL, for example testi_wcs1
2. Edit Apache httpd.conf file and add a new line
SetEnvIf Request_URI "/cgi-bin/testi_wcs1" MS_MAPFILE=d:/ms4w/maps/testi_wcs1.map
3. Restart Apache

Now if the service url is pointing to /cgi-bin/testi_wcs1? MS_MAPFILE is set to d:/ms4w/maps/testi_wcs1.map automatically. Make more copies of mapserv.exe and add new lines into httpd.conf when you will have a need short urls for testi_wcs2 and others.

-Jukka Rahkonen-