[mapserver-users] wms time from nonreferenced pngs

Marco Scheuble mail at marco-scheuble.de
Wed Aug 24 09:28:29 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I've got some PNG's (radar data), that I want to share over a WMS. The
Problem is, that the images aren't georeferenced. The only thing I know is
the boundingbox and the srs: 4326.
My Goal is to display the Data over WMS Time in Openlayers, in EPSG:900913
(spherical mercator).

Is there a way to do this with UMN Mapserver?
Or do I first have to use gdalwarp/gdaltranslate to resample the images,
before I can use Mapserver.

Thanks in advance,
Marco