[mapserver-users] MacOS X Lion Ports

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Aug 25 19:00:17 EDT 2011

That is correct behavior.  The current package is made for Python 2.6, and I haven't rebuilt it for 2.7 Lion yet.  It may seem to work, but binary python extensions are best left to the version they were built for.

It's been a while since I played with python mapscript, but if you force your scripts to use "python2.6" instead of just "python", mapscript should load.  That could get messy for a large project.

I should be able to get to a MapServer/Lion update very soon.