[mapserver-users] dynamic layer classification

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Aug 26 13:39:08 EDT 2011

Puneet,

   I think currently the short answer is Mapscript.

   I had a similar need last year
(http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2010-March/065050.html) where
I needed to have the symbology stored in the database and the classes
varied over  time (users created new class defs in the database via a
web page).

   Steve Lime suggested an enahancement where classes were defined by a
SLD file or url:

LAYER
   NAME 'extreme-symbology'
   DATA ...
   CONNECTION ...
   SLD 'some flle' or 'some url'
END

which is an elegant solution, but currently not implemented...

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser