[mapserver-users] WCS

David Hildebrand David.Hildebrand at afsc.ca
Wed Feb 2 14:11:06 EST 2011

Jukka:

If I issue the request in the same units as the coverage (as shown
below) the request works fine.

REQUEST=GetCoverage

COVERAGE=landsat_test

CRS=EPSG:2956

BBOX=410000,5726000,411000,5727000

RESX=30

RESY=30

FORMAT=GTiff

RESPONSE_CRS=EPSG:2956

If I issue the request in another projection (as shown below) the
request has issues with reprojection.

REQUEST=GetCoverage

COVERAGE=landsat_test

CRS=EPSG:4269

BBOX=-113.179,51.761,-113.177,51.763

RESX=30

RESY=30

FORMAT=GTiff

RESPONSE_CRS=EPSG:3400

The service exception I get is

<ServiceException code="NoApplicableCode"
locator="bbox">msWCSGetCoverage(): WCS server error. Requested BBOX
(-98.179,66.761,-98.179,66.761) is outside requested coverage BBOX
(281685,5612685,538515,5840415)</ServiceException>

As you can see, the requested BBOX the server picks up is nowhere near
the BBOX I provide in the URL.  The basic content of my map file is
shown below.  As you can see the layer is WMS as well as WCS and the WMS
call works fine.

MAP

  NAME "mapserv"

  OUTPUTFORMAT

    NAME 'AGG_JPEG'

    DRIVER AGG/JPEG

    IMAGEMODE RGB

  END

  WEB

    METADATA

      "ows_title" "OGC mapserv"

      "ows_contactorganization" "Agriculture Financial Services
Corporation"

      "ows_srs" "EPSG:3400 EPSG:2955 EPSG:2956 EPSG:3401 EPSG:3402
EPSG:3403 EPSG:4267 EPSG:4269 EPSG:4326"

      "ows_http_max_age" "3"

      "wcs_label" "WCS mapserv"

      "wcs_onlineresource"
"http://172.16.12.76/cgi-bin/mapserv.wcs.100.exe?"

      "wms_feature_info_mime_type" "text/html"

      "wms_title" "WMS mapserv"

      "wms_onlineresource"
"http://172.16.12.76/cgi-bin/mapserv.wms.111.exe?"    END

    IMAGEPATH "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/"

    IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"

  END

  SIZE 1200 1000   #arbitrary...

  PROJECTION

    "init=epsg:3400"

  END

  EXTENT 133000 5365600 905200 6721100

  UNITS meters

  LAYER

    NAME "Landsat_test"

    METADATA

      "ows_srs" "EPSG:2956"  #UTM12...

      "ows_resolution" "30 30"

      "wcs_name" "Landsat_test"

      "wcs_label" "Landsat_test 30m"

      "wcs_bandcount" "3"

      "wcs_rangeset_name" "TheRangesetName"

      "wcs_rangeset_label" "TheRangesetLabel"

      "wms_title" "Landsat_test"

      "wms_opaque" "1"

    END

    STATUS off

    TYPE raster

    DATA "//Plcoressatsb01/G$/Landsat/2010/processed/4124_708.tif"

    PROJECTION

      "init=epsg:2956"

    END

    DUMP TRUE

  END

END

Any help would be appreciated.

===========================

David V. Hildebrand

Agriculture Financial Services Corporation

(403) 782-8239

www.afsc.ca <http://www.afsc.ca>

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it
is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and/or privileged
information. Please contact Agriculture Financial Services Corporation
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any
communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted
or destroyed. Please consider the environment before printing this
email.