[mapserver-users] PHP MapScript: undefined symbol: php_regcomp

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Thu Feb 3 15:45:39 EST 2011

> /var/www/cgi-bin/php: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so: undefined symbol: php_regcomp
> Premature end of script headers: php

Any thoughts on this?

I was poking around today, and noticed that the PHP being used was
erroneously compiled as a module, and was thus forcing the use of its
bundled regex. Oops!

I backtracked. Compiled as CGI, verified that "#define REGEX 0" is
present in php_config.h, and verified that it is now using regex=system
via phpinfo():
    Regex Library => System library enabled

Would anyone else concur that this was likely the issue here?

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."