[mapserver-users] Bug or User error? MINSIZE not working

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Feb 4 10:13:02 EST 2011

On 2/4/2011 2:14 AM, thomas bonfort wrote:
> what are you trying to obtain?

Ah, good question. I am trying to filter out objects the are very small
from rendering. At some zoom levels these objects are just to small to
be meaningful to render and end up looking like dirt on the image.

> * minsize/maxsize and minwidth/maxwidth are only used when doing
> scale-dependent scaling of symbols (either by using sizeunits
> different than pixels, or by having the symbolscaledenom activated) *

Hmmm, I guess I need to rethink. I suppose I could add a length
attribute and filter on that, but I was hoping I could do it based on
the rendered size. Can you think of a better way to do this?

> symbol STYLE is deprecated, and dots and caps are now set at the
> style level: style width 1 pattern 1 3 end color "#aaaaaa" end

Thanks, I can update the mapfile for the patterns.

-Steve W

> -- thomas
>
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 07:11, Stephen Woodbridge
> <woodbri at swoodbridge.com>  wrote:
>> On 2/4/2011 12:19 AM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Documentation shows that MINSIZE under CLASS definitions, not
>>> STYLE. Have you tried to place it there?
>>
>> Thanks, I did notice that after I posted. Sadly it does not work
>> there either. It seems to be documented under both STYLE and CLASS
>> as things have been getting reworked in this area of the code. I
>> player with setting MAXSIZE and that seems to work as expected, but
>> I think MINSIZE is broken. I check it on both 5.6.5 and 5.6.6.
>>
>> I can write it up as a bug tomorrow.
>>
>> -Steve W
>>
>>> -Jukka Rahkonen-

>>> SYMBOL NAME "dots" TYPE SIMPLE STYLE 1 3 END END LAYER NAME
>>> "World Admin-1 Z1" GROUP "cb" STATUS DEFAULT TYPE LINE DATA
>>> "not-nt2/10m-admin-1-states-provinces-lines-shp" PROJECTION
>>> "init=epsg:4326" END MAXSCALEDENOM  50000000 MINSCALEDENOM
>>> 5000000 CLASS STYLE COLOR "#aaaaaa" SYMBOL "dots" WIDTH 1 MINSIZE
>>> 8000.0 END END END

>>> OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
>>> SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
>>> SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG