[mapserver-users] Bug or User error? MINSIZE not working

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Feb 4 11:25:14 EST 2011

On 2/4/2011 10:34 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> On 11-02-04 10:13 AM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>> On 2/4/2011 2:14 AM, thomas bonfort wrote:
>>> what are you trying to obtain?
>>>
>> Ah, good question. I am trying to filter out objects the are very small
>> from rendering. At some zoom levels these objects are just to small to
>> be meaningful to render and end up looking like dirt on the image.
>>

> Ah, maybe what you're looking for is MINFEATURESIZE at the layer/class
> level?
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/1340

Sigh - at least I'm consistent, needed this 6 years ago, and still need it!

Looks like it might go in 6.0 if some can tackle it. It looks like we
already have code to do this as part of the labeling code, it just needs
to get added in the rendering chain.

OK, back to the old way of doing this, add length attribute and filter
on length at different scales.

-Steve