AW: [mapserver-users] Image Symbol Rendering Quality

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Tue Feb 15 02:43:26 EST 2011

Just an idea: You are using PNG images as labels which get transformed (rotated) and the AGG renderer draws them using anti-aliasing. But MapServer tends to cut short some code paths and so it probably does for simple transforms like rotation by 90/180/270° and which might ommit anti-aliasing... Since code says more than thousand words, what version are you using? BTW: What's the reason to use pre-rendered labels?