[mapserver-users] Help with runtime variable substitution in inline ODBC virtual data sources

Jean-François Gigand jean-francois at gigand.fr
Tue Feb 15 18:59:14 EST 2011

Hi Brent,

I never worked with virtual data source but have some experience of OGR.

The original documentation of the format of OGR virtual data source is here:
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_vrt.html

To my understanding, the way to specify a WHERE condition is by
writing the full ODBC query using the <SrcSQL> element in
<OGRVRTLayer> (instead of <SrcLayer>).
This way (OGR-level), the SQL is forwarded by OGR to the ODBC driver,
so quite low-level.

Jean-François Gigand