[mapserver-users] How i check Mapserver is installed or not ?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Feb 18 06:53:59 EST 2011

Hi,

In MS4W case your test is valid and  http://localhost:8080/ should show you the MS4W main web page.  Moreover, a better test to see if Mapserver CGI is found is to send  http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe It should return
"No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty. "

Obviously your Apache is not running.  Two suggestions:
- Open a command window and run ms4w\apache-install.bat from there.  You may see some messages on the screen.
- If Apache does not start that way it can be because something prevents Windows to install Apache as a service. Try then to run is executable by opening a command window, going to ms4w\apache\bin and running httpd.exe. Look at the screen for error messages.

-Jukka Rahkonen-