[mapserver-users] TEMPLATE generation completion (NOT!)

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Feb 18 10:27:02 EST 2011

All,

I've been chasing this one around for a day now.

For some reason (might be a part of our funky configuration too, but ) a TEMPLATE "FOOTER" will not get pasted to the bottom of the output.

The HEADER and RECORD values populate just fine, I have many (MANY) other layers in the same configuration that work just fine as well.

My question, anyone got and ideas about why a FOOTER template chunk will not populate on a MapServer request?

I've looked at:

*  Permissions on the file (same as all others)
*  Content of TEMPLATE chunk  (it only contains "</imagemap>" ), I even recreated it a couple of times manually.
*  I checked the mapfile (but everything else works, the legend, the image output, the HEADER and RECORD output . . .
*  The data is even popping out in the IMAGEMAP correcrtly.
* Moved around the map with different areas of interest, different numbers of returned records.

Thanks  (from bewildered!!)

bobb

Here is the MAPFILE and TEMPLATES:

MAP
  NAME 'RSVP'
  EXTENT 573387 162092 574211 162555
  STATUS ON
  SYMBOLSET inventory.symbols
  FONTSET RESOURCES/inventory.fonts

  TRANSPARENT TRUE
  IMAGETYPE PNG

  LAYER
   METADATA
    "ows_title" "Surface Class"
    "gml_include_items" "all"
    "qstring_validation_pattern" "."
    "fido_search_items" ""
    "fido_search_titles" ""
   END
   NAME 'SURFACE CLASS'
   GROUP 'SURFACE CLASS'
   DATA 'DATA/Surface_Class'
   STATUS DEFAULT
   TYPE POLYGON
   CLASSITEM 'GRIDCODE'

   CLASS
    NAME 'Tree Canopy'
    EXPRESSION /1/
    COLOR 38 94 0
    OUTLINECOLOR 100 100 100
   END

   CLASS
    NAME 'Turf/Grass'
    EXPRESSION /2/
    COLOR 203 214 139
    OUTLINECOLOR 100 100 100
   END

   CLASS
    NAME 'Bare Soil'
    EXPRESSION /3/
    COLOR 168 112 0
    OUTLINECOLOR 100 100 100
   END

   CLASS
    NAME 'Water'
    EXPRESSION /4/
    COLOR 151 219 242
    OUTLINECOLOR 100 100 100
   END

   CLASS
    NAME 'Buildings'
    EXPRESSION /5/
    COLOR 92 43 0
    OUTLINECOLOR 100 100 100
   END

   CLASS
    NAME 'Impervious Surface'
    EXPRESSION /6/
    COLOR 78 78 78
    OUTLINECOLOR 100 100 100
   END

   TEMPLATE './TEMPLATES/surface_class_record.xml'
   HEADER './TEMPLATES/surface_class_header.xml'
   FOOTER './TEMPLATES/surface_class_footer.xml'

  END

END

----------------
Header
----------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<imagemap>
<error message="[errmsg_esc]"/>

<title>
<attr name="background" value="black"/>
<attr name="fontWeight" value="bold"/>
<attr name="color" value="white"/>
</title>

<contents>
<attr name="background" value="white"/>
</contents>

Record
<popup class="Inventory" shape="poly" coords="[shpxy xf="," proj=image],10"
ground="[shpxy]">
<title>Surface Classification</title>
<item title="Grid Code:">[GRIDCODE]</item>
</popup>

Footer  -- (OUTPUT BREAKS HERE!!!)