[mapserver-users] can we import google map in C# Mapscript Asp.net Application

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Feb 20 13:42:15 EST 2011

On 2/20/2011 11:56 AM, Mustafa646 wrote:

> i want to import google map in my C# MapScript application. is it possible ?

This is in violation of Google's Terms of Use.

> i also want to draw shapefile over Google Map, is it possible ?

I think you should look at something like OpenLayers which does allow
you to use Google as a Base Map and allows you to then overlay other
data layers over that. So you could for example setup mapserver to
render you shapefile and have OpenLayers display this as an overlay on
top of a Google map base layer.

But you do not need C# to do any of this.

-Steve W