[mapserver-users] WFS Filter Encoding and resulting DB-queries

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Thu Feb 24 04:50:24 EST 2011

Hello Assefa,

Yewondwossen Assefa <yassefa at dmsolutions.ca>, [20110223 - 22:52:33]

> On 23/02/2011 8:06 AM, Stephan Holl wrote:
> > Hello Assefa,
> >
> > Yewondwossen Assefa<yassefa at dmsolutions.ca>, [20110223 - 07:26:34]
> >
> >> Hi Stephan,

> >>    Filters that do include spatial filters end up using the
> >> mapserver experssions. 'Simple' filters should end be using
> >> traslated into the layer's filter expression and end up being used
> >> by postgis as part of the data selection. What does the filter
> >> encoding looks like?
> > It is not a spatial-filter we use currently. It is an
> > attribute-based IsLike-Filter like seen here[1], but we use it with
> > POST. So adding a BBOX-related filter as another AND-filter will
> > result in optimized SQL-Query with only the subset fetched from the
> > database? If so, this seems worth to document though.
> >
>   The filter you sent as example should use the layer's filter
> element and that  should be used when retrieving the data at the
> postgis level. When the layer is in debug mode,  MapServer 5.6.x logs
> in this case shows something like (which indicates that the filter is
> used at the postgis level)
> msPostGISLayerWhichShapes  query: select .... and ( (NAME like 'Syd%'
> escape '!') )
>
> Don't you get similar logs?

Wait, I have to recheck with my collegue if he can provide more
Information and probably logfiles. I do not have them handy right now.

Thanks for your clarification though.

Best

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3663
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998