[mapserver-users] Raster dataset recommendations

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Feb 26 07:36:31 EST 2011

On 11-02-25 6:02 PM, Jean-François Gigand wrote:

> I take the opportunity of this topic to ask a similar question.
> I have a larger data set (400 Go) in about 24000 GeoTIFFs files, using
> the method described by Edi (tiled, internal overviews, index shape).
> It works pretty well (older version of MapServer), with on-the-fly
> reprojection, quick enough when the resolution is small-enough.

Hi JF,

You mentioned reprojecting...why would you force MapServer to reproject
all those files on-the-fly?  I would never recommend that, for speed
considerations.  I would invest some time in a gdalwarp script.

That was my thought when reading your message :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/