[mapserver-users] pass layers number limit

simone.frigerio at univie.ac.at simone.frigerio at univie.ac.at
Mon Feb 28 04:38:05 EST 2011

Hello,
in my project I need to manage a quite huge db (especially raster
image). The numbers of layers with classification and all layers created
dynamically to generate the class image (I use cartoweb based on
mapserver)  is larger than 200, which is the default max layers per
mapfile/mapObject for mapserver.
There is solution that suggested me to compile mapserver with a layer
limit greater than 200, though that may require some technical knowledge
in software compilation.
I am not expert in mapserver compilation, on win environment, especially
on this task.
I know the link:
http://mapserver.org/installation/unix.html
Can you give me suggestion and  example of similar experience?
Regards,
Simone