[mapserver-users] GDAL input formats

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Jan 6 18:42:08 EST 2011

David,

   I'd recommend converting your floating point images to 24-bit RGB
images (as long as you can afford the disk space).  You'd have to
configure mapserver (see SCALE in
http://mapserver.org/input/raster.html#bit-rgb-rendering) to do this on
the fly anyway as browsers don't know what to do with floating point
images.

   You can use gdal_translate to do the conversion (see "-scale" in
http://www.gdal.org/gdal_translate.html).

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser