[mapserver-users] Projection problems

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Fri Jan 7 09:49:52 EST 2011

(Sorry for crossposting to the PROJ list, but this has been a problem
for years going)

Yes, the transformation to WGS84 for the Dutch coordinate system
("Amersfoort", "Rijksdriehoeksnet) is still *not* part of the latest
PROJ4 release (4.7.0, downloaded yesterday). You need to change the
formula for epsg:28992 in PROJ's epsg table and in PosGIS's
"spatial_ref_sys" table, like Milo describes, else your maps will be
about 100 meters off. You can read an extensive discussion about this,
including an Excel spreadsheet to compute the towgs84 parameters from
the official EPSG database at:

http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/ticket/22

PROJ gets its parameters from EPSG, but somehow it still doesn't manage
to include the WGS84 transform.

Vriendelijke groeten,

Jan