[mapserver-users] Projection problems

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jan 7 14:40:49 EST 2011

On 11-01-07 10:49 AM, Jan Hartmann wrote:

> Yes, the transformation to WGS84 for the Dutch coordinate system
> ("Amersfoort", "Rijksdriehoeksnet) is still *not* part of the latest
> PROJ4 release (4.7.0, downloaded yesterday).

I have requested many changes to the EPSG 'geodetic dataset' throughout
the years, so maybe I can give you some advice:

- enter your change request through a form on the EPSG site:
http://www.epsg.org/Comms/Comment.asp
- it may take upto one year for the change to be accepted by the EPSG
group and included in the next EPSG geodetic dataset
- you will get an email from the EPSG group once that happens
- however it will take much longer for software that uses EPSG codes to
update their own releases with those new EPSG codes (this includes PROJ,
QGIS, MS4W, etc.)

Hope that sheds some light on the issue for you.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/