[mapserver-users] mapserver defunct

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Jan 12 08:19:35 EST 2011

Hi,

Maybe my experience is somehow related. I have just been seeding GeoWebCache from our Mapserver this week and using more than two threads with Apache fast-cgi proved to be very unreliable.  Some of the GWC threads were dying soon with message:
ERROR [seed.MTSeeder] - Unexpected response code from backend:
 500 for http://....

I turned back to normal Mapserver cgi and seeding is progressing much faster for me now because I can keep more GeoWebCache seeder threads up this way.

-Jukka Rahkonen-