[mapserver-users] Problem with ECW files

Frost89 kristian_frost7 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 07:55:13 EST 2011

I'm trying to show a ECW file in my application.
I have checked with gdalinfo that GDAL supports the ECW format, and it is
able to read the file.
When using shp2img I'm able to create a image showing the ECW file.

But when I try using my app. which uses MapScript to create a WMS service I
get a service exception saying:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'Ortofoto'.

msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image
format

drawEPP(): Image handling error. EPPL7 support is not available.
I'm using Tamas' SDK from  http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/
vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/  with the ECW plugin.

- Kristian Frost