Re: [mapserver-users] [Oracle] Geo raster with oracle spatial

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Tue Jan 18 08:37:01 EST 2011

Guilaume,

A world of advise. The current georaster driver in GDAL 1.8 is not optimized for random access, so the good performance your see on the benchmark was obtained with a prototype available at:

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/sandbox/ilucena/georaster

If you happens to be dealing with georaster smaller than 1Gb you might not fell the different between the two versions. I hope we can have those version integrated soon.

Regards,

Ivan