[mapserver-users] capability to reproject to 2 different projections within the map object of the map file

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Jan 23 08:55:52 EST 2011

On 11-01-21 04:13 PM, John Mitchell wrote:
> If I want all the layers within a map file no matter the layers own projection
> to have the capability to reproject to 2 different projections would I within
> the map object of the map file replace:
>   PROJECTION
> "init=epsg:4326"
>   END
>
> With:
>   PROJECTION
> "init=epsg:4326"
> "init=epsg:102113"
>    END

John,

No, this will not have any useful effect.

For WMS service you can list all the coordinate systems you want to be
declared as supported in the metadata at the map level.  I believe the
WMS server howto addresses this.  For MapScript you can change the map
level projection object at request time to the desired projection.

Best regards,