[mapserver-users] how to render labels on lines?

Теплов Сергей Геннадьевич teplov at geolife.ru
Wed Jan 26 05:52:27 EST 2011

Hello!

I have a problem with using mapserver to render streets and labels to them.
I want  the labels to be rendered on the streets. If a street has any turn I want to have a curved label to it.
So, I read an article about that: http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-11.html#rfc11 .
This idea was passed in 2006, but I haven't found any messages about solution.
I am using mapserver-5.6.6.tar.gz  release, but keyword "FOLLOW" doesn't work right, see screenshot.
I think it is a common task. What is the easiest way to solve this problem?

Thanks, Sergey.