[mapserver-users] make cannot find -libodbc and -libodbcinst on compilation

Yves Jacolin yves.jacolin at camptocamp.com
Wed Jan 26 09:11:11 EST 2011

Hello,

Le mercredi 26 janvier 2011 15:04:45, gregcorradini a écrit :
> Hello,
> I'm having one more compilation conflict on Ubuntu 10.10 with mapserver
> 5.6.6 and GDAL support. Here's the error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lodbc
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lodbcinst
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [shp2img] Error 1
>

> My ./configure --with-gdal points to the correct gdal_config file. The
> dependent libs for gdal_config are listed here:
>
> CONFIG_DEP_LIBS=" -L/usr/local/lib -lgeos_c  -lsqlite3 -lodbc -lodbcinst
> -lxerces-c -lpthread -ljasper -lhdf5 -lmfhdfalt -ldfalt -lgif -ljpeg -lpng
> -lnetcdf -L/usr/lib -lpq -lz -lpthread -lm -lrt -ldl    -lcurl
> -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions        "
>

> These libraries should be on my system by default. And they are:
>
> $ sudo find / -name libodbc.so
> /usr/lib32/libodbc.so
> /home/gcorradini/.local/share/Trash/files/usr/lib64/libodbc.so
> $ sudo find / -name libodbcinst.so
> /usr/lib32/libodbcinst.so
>

> So i have a few questions based on this :
>
> 1. How do i tell the compiler where to link to them?
> 2. Why isn't it able to see them on its own?
System looking for in its own database which you have to update using ldconfig
in root.

It possible that this command will correct all of your previous error. So eahc
time you finish to install a lib, run this command.

When you install from binary package this commande is run by the system.

Regards,

Y.
--
Responsable Formation et Support