[mapserver-users] Re: GD rendering: polygons vs lines

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Wed Jan 26 22:57:00 EST 2011

*bump* Any developers out there care to comment on the visual artifacts?
   https://www.cartograph.com/~gregor/1.gif

Normal polygons with corners aren't a real problem, but circles and
curves like this render better as lines than polygons.

Any ideas as to how we can smooth these out, still using GD? Or is it a
lost cause for GD?

Like I said, Plan B would be to render a line layer and then a
no-outline fill layer; but the performance hit would obviate the
advantage of GD.

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."