[mapserver-users] Re: GD rendering: polygons vs lines

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Wed Jan 26 23:31:47 EST 2011

> A while back someone, maybe Thomas Bonfort, did some performance tests
> comparing GD to AGG, and if I recall AGG was only slightly slower and in
> at least a couple of cases it was faster the GD.

In our case, GD renders in 1 second and AGG in 3 in these few tests
cases we're concerned with. We're thus allowing a choice between "fast
mode" and "good quality mode"

> Also I should point out that the GD renderer is getting removed
> So I'm not sure there is much interest in chasing issue

Well, that's good to know. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll wait and see if
someone comes up with any ideas before I give up entirely.

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."